Job Description & Specification
Job title: Young Adults Health & Wellbeing Hub Co-ordinator
Scale: Full Time 37.5hrs a week – £25,156 pa fixed term contract for 3 years
Responsible to: Youth Development Manager
Responsible for: Planning, developing and co-ordinating new health & wellbeing hubs
Liaison with: Young Adults, Project support staff, Partner venue staff, Walsall MBC Officers, BCP senior management team & charity trustees.
Purpose of job: To be responsible for the development of new Young Adult friendly Health & Well Being Hubs and delivery of activities, training and offering ongoing support.
Main Duties: Normal duties shall be determined by the Youth Development Manager, CEO and
Trustees of the Charity and shall include leading on;
- To develop 6 young adult friendly hubs across Walsall.
- To engage with young adults aged 16 to 25years.
- Support young adults to improve their health and well-being.
- Identify new service users.
- To deliver positive activities and training. Eg, ASDAN courses.
- To establish a group of peer mentors and volunteers.
- To co-produce the project with young adults.
- To build up referral networks to signpost young adults.
- To signpost young adults to additional support and other agencies.
- To actively promote the services by using traditional means and through a newly created website and on social media platforms.
- To support young adults to create online content.
- Co-ordinate the service, support and mentor project & partner staff.
- To deliver the project across the Walsall Borough.
- To travel to a variety of localities including community venues/hub locations.
- To work with other centre staff to deliver an integrated and holistic programme.
- Safeguard young adults health & wellbeing.
- To deliver, monitor and evaluate in line with project requirements.
- To attend regular staff meetings and relevant training.
Such other duties as may be appropriate to the grade and agreed by the Charity.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making a difference with young adults to successfully develop and deliver the Health & Well Being Hubs across Walsall.
The person appointed to this post will need to demonstrate the following criteria;
- Experience of working with young adults and their complex needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local communities.
- An ability to engage with and understand young adults.
- To have a friendly, patient, empathetic and approachable manor.
- Competent in using IT systems and the internet.
- An ability to organise own workloads and keep accurate records and write reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- To work as part of a team.
- To have a flexible approach to working hours.
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Relevant professional qualifications – Eg. Youth work/Mentoring/Advice & Guidance.
- A proven track record of project delivery and co-ordinating projects for young adults.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29th June 2022 at 3pm
Interview dates: From 4th July 2022