Job title: Outreach Community Connector x 2
Scale: Full Time – £23,673 pa fixed for 12 months
Responsible to: Project Manager
Responsible for: Providing training and support to Community venues and ongoing coaching to customers in a digital capacity.
Liaison with: Project Manager, community venue staff, Walsall Borough Residents, BCP senior management team, charity trustees.
Purpose of job: To be responsible for the training of community venue staff to deliver a new community project and offering ongoing support. To deliver the project across the Walsall Borough.
Main Duties: Normal duties shall be determined by the CEO and Trustees of the Charity and shall include;
- To deliver training and coaching to Community venue staff.
- To engage and coach customers accessing Walsall Council Digital Portal.
- To signpost customers to additional support and other agencies.
- To actively promote digital upskilling to Walsall residents.
- To coach vulnerable and older people who may require additional support.
- To build up referral networks to outside agencies and Walsall Council services
- To offer advice and advocacy to customers.
- To travel to a variety of community venue locations across Walsall.
- To work with other centre staff to deliver an integrated and co-ordinated programme.
- To monitor and evaluate in line with project requirements.
- To attend regular staff meetings.
Such other duties as may be appropriate to the grade and previously agreed by the Charity.
We are looking for a people centred individual with a passion for working with local people to successfully deliver a digital access project.
The person appointed to this post will need to demonstrate the following criteria;
- An understanding of vulnerable and older people and their needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local community.
- An ability to engage with local people.
- To have a friendly and approachable manor.
- A proven track record of project delivery within local communities.
- Competent in using IT systems and the internet.
- An ability to keep accurate records and write reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- To work as part of a team.
- To have a flexible approach to working hours
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Relevant qualifications – community development/project delivery/IT
- A proven track record of project delivery and monitoring.
- Experience of delivering training materials
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th May 2022
Provisional Interview date: Friday 10th June 2022